24 March 2020
Due to the upcoming COVID-19 Nation Lockdown, further precautionary measures had to be put in place at LITTLE EDEN:
- Both our Homes are closed to the public: as of end of today, the public will have NO access to the Homes until further notice. Unfortunately dropping off of donations in kind will not be possible. Electronic financial donations are welcome and urgently needed.
- Parents and next of kin (NoK): Parents or family members of LITTLE EDEN residents have until Thursday 18:00 to visit their family members. Thereafter, they may contact the Home via telephone or email email@example.com
- LITTLE EDEN Charity Shop is closed: The Shop will be closed as from today until further notice. Unfortunately the public will not be able to drop off any donations at the Shop or at the Home during the national lockdown.
- Limited office staff: Only essential office staff will be available during the national lockdown. Donors may contact our CEO, Xelda Rohrbeck, on 011 609 7246 during office hours. For any urgent matters, Xelda is available on her cell: 082 804 7551
19 March 2020
- All donation in kind collections have been cancelled for the next 30 days
- Weekly Holy Mass at both Homes has been cancelled until further notice.
- All face to face meetings have been cancelled. Alternative options such as Skype, emails, phone calls etc. to be used until further notice.
11 March 2020
As the number of Coronavirus infections increases in South Africa, LITTLE EDEN has implemented precautionary measures to limit the risk of infection to our residents and staff. We are following all precautions outlined in the WHO guidelines, e.g. extra focus on maintaining good hygiene, washing of hands, etc.
In addition we have introduced limited access to those wishing to visit either of our Homes. Please note:
- Our volunteer and community service programme has been halted for the time being. With immediate effect, all local volunteers and community service students will not be allowed inside the Homes until further notice.
- Donors and external visitors – Regrettably tours of the LITTLE EDEN facilities will not be permitted until further notice.
- Next of Kin (NoK) – Residents’ families are requested to limit visits to the Homes. Where possible, please use alternative methods of contact, such as telephone or email, to check on family members. At both Homes, NoK visitors must first report to the nursing sister’s office. No visitors are allowed into the wings. NoK are requested to refrain from entering the Home if they are not well.
If you have been in direct contact with someone infected with Coronavirus, please contact the coronavirus hotline number: 080 002 9999.